Monday, September 29, 2014

Week of 9/22-9/28

Hello my favorites! :)
This week was a little slower then the past ones, but it was a great one!

Monday- We went to the Ostrich Ranch with our district and it was super fun!! Sadly, we didn't get to ride any, but we did get to touch them! 





Haha not much else happened, just did laundry and went grocery shopping for the week!

Tuesday- Sister Smith took us to the LA temple for my birthday! :) It was so much fun, and the biggest temple ever! It was massive and sooo beautiful. It's in Santa Monica, so we walked down the Promenade and ate some lunch after at California Pizza Kitchen with Sister Smith. She is so awesome and so much fun! We love her! The temple brings so much peace in my life and I am so grateful to have had the chance to go there! They have an awesome visitor's center there too! (Reminded me of you mom! :))





Wednesday->Friday- We visited lots of people and almost everyone cancelled or weren't home when they said they would be so it was discouraging. But we had a few lessons and those turned out well! We taught Charles and he was so interested in finding his answers and really looking forward to continuing to meet with us! 

My companion Sister Kay wasn't feeling good at all on Friday, so she got a Priesthood blessing. She has an appointment with the doctor this morning so we will go to that soon. We are hoping she finds out what's going on and starts to feel better! 


Saturday- we brought Cathy, one of the ladies we are teaching, to the Women's Broadcast and that was great! The broadcast was super cool! So many wonderful testimonies of the blessings that come from the temple from women ALL over the world! My favorite-- which brought tears to my eyes-- was the sweet little Korean girls singing about the temple and families being sealed together forever! :) THE BEST. I loved it so much. I'm so grateful to have the chance to tell people that we have a living prophet and apostles today that let us know how we can be happy in this world. I know that they are prophets, seers, and revelators of God because I have received the sweet witness of the Holy Ghost that what they say is true. 

Sunday- Church was great! Sister Kay and I taught the Young Men and Young Women's class about how they can start to share this wonderful blessing of the gospel and prophets and the Book of Mormon with their friends and family! I hope it went as well as I felt it did! Charles and another one of our investigators told us they didn't want us to come anymore for different reasons. It is super hard seeing people push aside the blessings that Heavenly Father is pouring out to us. We are confident that they will come around someday.

We started going to early morning seminary this week! :) Sister Kay joined the church just a year before coming on her mission, so she has never been in seminary or young women's class! So it was super fun for her to be a part of it! We started going because there is a young man who has been attending seminary for the last couple of years and hasn't been able to talk to the missionaries or get baptized because his parents don't want him to. We have been asked to sub next Friday- so that'll be fun! Wish us luck and pray for us haha!

I forgot to tell you that one of the members has a donkey to keep down their weeds-- his name is JoJo and now he is our best friend. :)








Our District:  There are 3 sets of sisters in Tehachapi - one set for each ward.  Our district leaders have to come all the way from East Bakersfield for our meetings.  






LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. You are such blessings in my life. I really appreciate all of the love and support that you all send to me through prayers, thoughts, emails, packages, and letters. I can't express how much I love you all and miss you!!! 

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Loar
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment