Monday, September 21, 2015

9/14-9/20

Herro! :) 
It's been a great week!!!

Monday-- Was my beloved birthday and everyone was so nice and so kind and generous and I just love everyone who made it the best birthday week ever!!!
Sister Long and I treated ourselves to Moo Creamery and it was sooo good! Diners, Drive-in's and Dives was not joking! It was delicious! Family, and whomever else ventures to Bakersfield, you must try it someday!
Before dinner we had sometime to go proselyte, so we tried this house we have knocked on for a million years and guess what, MY HOME GIRL DEBBY WAS THERE! She was totally interested when we taught the Restoration and she took a Book of Mormon, said she would read it, and she accepted the invitation to be baptized if she finds out its true! She asked when church was, so that was pretty promising.
Then we went to Brooke and Cody's for dinner! :) THEY ARE THE BEST I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! Cody made dinner and it was sooo good and Brooke made a Texas sheet cake and it was delicious! They are my favorites. :) They made it a special day for sure! My birthday candles have multiplied exponentially in my life recently and now, there is a small forest fire to blow out on my birthday. 
After that the Huff's invited us over and they are the sweetest and gave me a little present! It was so nice of them. :) They are such a great family!
Tuesday-- We taught Kim (#2) on her doorstep and she totally accepted the message and wanted us to come back! She wasn't feeling well later this week so we weren't able to have a second lesson with her. But hopefully this week!
We did service at the Senior Center and they gave us GIANT peanut butter cookies! It was so good! hahaha (basically this week was full of FOOD all great food :))

We had dinner with Sister Himle, Porter and Cook from Stockdale!!! :)
So fun!!

Then we had a great lesson with Windy about the Plan of Salvation and she ATE everything up so much!! She loved the fact that we lived before this life and that there is a plan. She KNEW it was true and it was an awesome lesson. (Thanks Gramps for teaching that to us always, I love drawing out the diagram for everyone we teach!)

Wednesday-- We went and visited Sister Robles (a less active member) and she ended up coming to church this sunday! YAY!

Brother Bey brought us Milkshakes for my birthday! hahaha he's the BEST!

We had a great lesson at the church with Kim (#1) and Sister Jorgenson came with us and it was so great! yayyy! We had dinner that night with the Jorgenson's and it ended with me demonstrating the Napoleon Dynamite dance for their three kids. They loved it! hahaha they said we'll have a dance off next time we eat with them! hahaha Summer would be so proud!

We had a lesson at the Mayfield's that night and they are so nice, they made me a birthday cake! I just feel so loved! :) We watched the Restoration video and it went really well!
Samantha came to the church Saturday night for a church tour so that was great progress with her! I hope she comes this next week, since she didn't make it this week! Someday!

Thursday-- we had a great lesson with Tim and Brother Lindley came and was SO awesome at teaching! Such a good lesson! Silly Tim didn't come to church either though, so that was a bummer! One day, Tim, one day.

We went to check on Windy and Courtney, since we had planned to go to a baptism that night with them and Sister Hillhouse was going to take us all there, and when we walked in, they were PACKING UP TO LEAVE! :( Like for good! Somethings just didn't work out so they were moving to go live somewhere else. They didn't even know where! SO SAD! We will keep in touch with them and send missionaries wherever they end up. I am positive they will be baptized when they get settle down.

Firday-- We went on exchanges, with the sisters from Stockdale//Brimhall wards and I went with Sister Shaw! I LOVE HER! :) She is so fun and we found three new people to teach! SO AMAZING! :) It was the best exchange ever!

Saturday-- We were walking back to our car after trying to contact someone that ended up not being home, and we stopped and talked to this guy that was outside. He said that he saw us walkin




g and that he was hoping we would come and talk to him because he knew we were missionaries! He hasn't learned much about what we believe but he was asking us about how we feel about the world now a days and how awful its getting. He expressed that he feels SO alone in trying to be a true Christian and not hypocritical and it was SO EASY TO TEACH HIM! We gave him a couple of pamphlets and resources to look some talks from the prophet and apostles and gave him a Book of Mormon! He said he would try to make it to church, but he ended up not coming. He's super awesome and said to keep in touch! His name was Cody and he is SO SOLID!

Sunday-- Was an amazing day at church. Even though no one we were teaching made it, it was a really spiritually uplifting time and I JUST LOVE CHURCH. I can't imagine surviving with out it! It helps me so much and gives me so much direction.

We ate at the Huffaker's and saw the Bey's and planned THE most amazing mutual ever! It's going to be epic and all about missionary life and Preach My Gospel! It's happening in a few weeks so I'll let you know how it turns out! Also I just love the Bey's, they are like a second family for sure! Their girls remind me of my sister. :) Presh I know.
Then we went to the Huff's and watched the new Addiction Recovery Videos that the church made (and apparently our Bishop's son-in-law is the one who made them!) THEY ARE SO GOOD. Look them up and watch them. They are realllllly intense though. It was kind of like watching a horror film and made my heart hurt so much, because we are teaching and talk to people everyday who struggle with and live the lives of the people who are in those videos. It does give people so much hope to know that they can get out of those situations. 

Well my heart is full, and I just love being a missionary!
I love you all. Thanks for making life extraordinary and the most enjoyable!
Love,
Sister Loar
xoxoxo

The Church is true. I promise.

Moo Creamery!

No comments:

Post a Comment