Monday, June 29, 2015

6/22-6/28

Hey, hey!

This week was interesting to say the least! 

Tuesday-- We did some service for the Linus Project, cutting and tying fleece blankets! 

It seemed like no one was home or interested if they were, so we prayed real hard to find someone to teach, and we knocked on Frank Taylor's door! He is a super nice man and talked to us for an hour! :) He was in the military and when he was stationed in Utah, some missionaries would visit him every Wednesday evening and teach him! So we asked if we could come back and teach him like those missionaries did and he said yeah! So hopefully that goes well. We have an appointment tomorrow with him. So wish us luck!

Wednesday-- We went to the temple!!! :) Sister McMurtrey took us and it was the best, best, BEST EVER! :) I just love the temple so much. It brought so much peace and comfort into my mind. I have been feeling very inadequate and frustrated with myself, because I always am making mistakes and coming up short on things. The impressions that I felt most while attending the temple, were that our Savior chose to come here so that we can be redeemed of everything that besets us in this life. My gratitude and appreciation for Jesus Christ, my Savior, grew so much and I'm so grateful I was able to learn the things I did. Also I just love Sister McMurtrey, that woman is amazing. She just makes you so happy whenever you are around her. So having her right next to me in the temple, brought me lots of joy. :) I hope I can be like her when I grow up.





That night we taught the Todd's about the Restoration and Joseph Smith. Someone in church last week gave a talk about Carthage Jail and Nauvoo, Illinois and the early saints, because they just returned from serving a mission there! So Alex Todd was really curious to learn more about that, so that is why we decided to have a lesson on those things. Anyhow, it went well! They are doing great, we are just trying to help them have a desire to have an eternal family by getting baptized and going to the temple. :) 

Thursday-- We taught Earlene! She is in her 50's, I think, and she is super sweet. We reviewed a little bit about the Restoration of the gospel with her and then dove right into the Book of Mormon! We went over the Introduction and she had some great questions. Then we read out of 3 Nephi 11 with her about Christ coming to visit the people in the Book of Mormon after his Resurrection in Jerusalem! I love that account so much. It gives so much detail and helps you feel like you could be there!

Brenden said he was reading the Book of Mormon and had some questions so we went over and read 1 Nephi 1 with him and it went so well! He is such a good kid. Hopefully he can come to church soon.

Friday-- We had exchanges and I went with Sister Shaw! But before we went, the sisters asked us if we could help them clean their entire apartment because they are moving out of it today and needed some extra help to get it done in time! It was fun cleaning with them haha. Sister Shaw is the cutest and doing really well. We were able to find a new investigator together! Her name was Iquo (ee-quaw) and she is 18, but she just left on vacation for a month and then is off to college after that.. story of our lives! EVERYONE IS GOING ON VACATION. But nonetheless, Iquo has a Book of Mormon, which she said she would read, and our number and we have been texting her to help her with her questions! 






We found this mug in the sisters apt? hahaha sisterrrrs?

Saturday & Sunday-- Talked to a crazy guy named Larry.. not too much success. We had dinner with the Bliss family! And their neighbors who we have been trying to get a hold of to teach came too! It was awesome! We taught the restoration and it went well. They weren't too committed to meeting with us again.. which was a giant bummer. But it was a miracle to even have that lesson with them! :)

Well, I love you all! 
Thank you for everyone's letters this week, they really helped me out and came at the time I needed them!

Love you so much!
Love,
Sister Loar
xoxo



  I found this toilet paper in this rad bathroom of a member's home. love it. hahahaha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment