Monday, April 13, 2015

4/6-4/12

Hey hey!
So I don't have much time, so I hope I can fit everything in!

Monday-- We played ultimate frisbee with our district so that was fun! And I learned how to make homemade tortillas from Angie! yayayay :) Love that woman.



Tuesday & Wednesday-- Sister Luddington got really sick, so we stayed in. I was able to get a lot of letters written and caught up on all of the studying I was wanting to do, so that was awesome! We watched all of the Life of Christ Bible videos that you sent me for Easter family, and by George, thank you so much for doing that! My testimony really grew by watching the Bible come to life through those videos and the Life of Christ. I understand things so much clearer, thank you! :)


Thursday-- We talked to a family we have been trying to catch at a good time these last few weeks and finally did! They are awesome! The mom ended up actually being a MEMBER! Holla! Her whole family has never learned about the church before and they have three teenagers who were all super nice, so that was awesome! We have a lesson scheduled with them tonight, so we are super excited! Pray for us that the spirit will be there and that all will go well! :)

We also had an awesome lesson that wasn't planned with Chris! We helped him organize his life a little bit with a calendar and some personal goals he wants to set (thanks dad for helping me gain such a testimony of goals at home!) and it all went well! :)


Friday & Saturday-- We went on exchanges, all the way in Tehachapi again. Such a long drive! It took us like 4 hours.. but exchanges were good and I love those sisters! We got to go to the baptism on Saturday! They all ended up keeping it a secret from Robert and Charlotte so I surprised them and they were both crying!! Sister Kay was able to come back for it as well! She spoke at the baptism and Sister Luddington and I shared the Restoration of the Gospel with everyone there. It was SO POWERFUL. Boy do I love the spirit and do I love this gospel with all of my heart. We got to go out to lunch with Sister Kay, and the Ramirez's! PHO for the win! :) Love that place. It was so fun to be back in my old area with all of the people I grew to love so much. 




When we came home we helped sister Wilson and then went to volleyball! There was a super hilarious little chunky hispanic kid there, it was the funniest thing of my life! Everyone loved him so much! 


Sunday-- was great! Fast and testimony meeting was amazing, the spirit was so strong and I was able to bare my testimony. My mission has seriously saved my life in so many ways, and I'm so grateful for everything I've learned and for the testimony that I have of our Savior and the Atonement and the Plan that Heavenly Father has for all of us to return to live with Him again. WE ARE SO BLESSED. 

ALSO CHRIS CAME TO CHURCH! :) He stayed all three hours! We had to teach Gospel Principles last minute and then we were asked to teach Relief Society, so we were super busy. But Relief Society was all about Joseph Smith the Prophet of the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. So once again we were able to strongly testify of the truthfulness and reality and great magnitude of the Restoration of the gospel. My favorite thing ever.


We had a good lesson with the Romero's and did visits with Brother Elkins, so it was a wonderful end to a great and exciting week!

I love you all so much!
Thanks for all of the love and support!

Love,
Sister Loar
xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment