Monday, February 16, 2015

2/9-2/15


Happy Valentine's Day from Sister Loar and Sister Dodson





Sister Dodson's mom sent us some Valentines :)


Hello Family and Friends! 

I don't have much time today and not too much happened this week. I did make some heart shaped pizzas on Valentine's day with Sister Spencer who had us over for dinner! It was awesome because I was doing the same thing Dad was doing in AZ at Papa Murph's! :)



We have been invited by President and Sister Wilson to read the Book of Mormon and underline scriptures that testify of Christ's love shown through His Atonement. I did this for a couple of days right after they gave it to us, but then became lazy and didn't do it after the New Year. (They gave it to us for Christmas) So, we just got word that they will ask us how our reading is going on March 3rd during our interviews with them.... oops! Haha :) So, this past week, I have been reading the Book of Mormon like a mad woman. I am currently on 2 Nephi 27 and I have a few more weeks until interviews, so I am positive and have faith that I can really make some progress before then. Satan cant stop me now! :)

Alright, so basically the Book of Mormon is the most rad book out there. The raddest history book there ever was! I've read it through a couple of times but never before have I understood the Book so clearly in my life. I have grown to have such a love and heart felt gratitude for the prophets in the Book of Mormon. They dedicated their lives to record the things that Heavenly Father needed them to. They lived and died in righteousness. Satan is so cunning. SO CUNNING. He still managed to grab hold of some of the people's hearts. Satan is so sly.. in the simplest of ways he finds how he can get into the hearts of men. We have heard snippets from people talking about the government and about the new movies coming out-- the awful movies that are coming out, and my heart is so heavy for those people who are letting Satan into their hearts and minds as they give in to worldly pleasures and curiosities.

So far what I've read in the Book of Mormon the prophets, Lehi, Nephi, and Jacob have all seen Christ and have all prophesied of His coming. It blows my mind how exact they are in their prophesies because they lived 600 years before Christ even came! So cool. They had the record of their fathers-- the brass plates-- which I think is soooo cool that those are the 5 books of Moses that we now have in the Bible as Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. These men of God all had faith in Christ and obeyed His commandments. They prophesy that the only way we will be saved, or even be able to stand before the judgement seat of God is through Christ's Atonement and Resurrection. If it weren't for Christ, we wouldn't even have the chance to stand in front of God at the Judgement day. {2 Nephi 9-11}

Heavenly Father has created the perfect plan for all of us to have a chance to receive salvation and eternal life. I am SO grateful for the testimony I've gained, for the knowledge I have that there is a Savior, and if we humble ourselves, have faith in Him, repent of our sins, are baptized, recieve the Holy Ghost and endure to the end, we will have eternal life-- we will live with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and our families forever in happiness. I love the Book of Mormon. It is true. I know because of the way I feel when I read it. After I read in the mornings I ponder about it through the rest of the day, and I can feel the Spirit even more throughout the day. It brings me such peace and comfort anytime I pick it up. Boy are we so blessed to have it in our lives!!! I cannot deny, nor will I ever be able to deny, the testimony that I have that Jesus is the Christ- my Savior and Redeemer, and this is His church, restored in its fullness, that the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet of God led by Him to bring all these things to life. I know this with every fiber of my being. I love this gospel. I know Heavenly Father answers prayers; He loves us SO MUCH. 

It is such an honor and privileged to wear this name tag and spread the good news! Being a missionary has been the greatest blessing to my life.
I'm so grateful for all of you and your prayers, love and support. Hope you all have a wonderful week. Sorry this weeks email was a little scatter brained and such haha! I love & miss you all!!!

Hoorah for Israel!

Love,
Sister Loar
xoxo

We made cookies for the Relief Society Night!





This is Sister Wilson! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment