Monday, August 10, 2015

8/3-8/9

Hi friends! :)

This week was full of stress, frustration, tests of patience, disappointments, miracles and tender mercies.

I've been contemplating for the last few hours of what to write in this email. As much as I try, I know I won't be able to adequately put everything into words. I want so badly to be able to explain it all to all of you, so you can feel exactly what I've felt and experienced, but I know its not possible. I've decided that coming on a mission has been the best thing I've ever decided to do, and it breaks my heart that I won't ever be able to give you all the knowledge and experiences that I've had. I just want to take all of my memories and put it into a pensive so you can all see what I've seen! (Harry Potter reference.. haha had to!) 

To recap a little bit from what happened-- 
On Wednesday we had our MLC meeting and it went really well! We had to sing "Families Can be Together Forever" in front of everyone, and it turned out well! The Spirit definitely makes people's voices sound so much better than what they really sound like. 

 MLC with my besties!



Sister Kurtz just told me she is going to BYU PROVO when we get home! :) yayyy best friends!

On Friday we had to do a training with the Zone Leaders for our ZTM and it went well. We committed 20 elders (we are the only sisters in our zone) to singing primary songs to people they contact in the next few weeks! Hahaha they weren't thrilled about it, but I know they will see miracles when they try! :)

We had been teaching Teagyn everyday this last week and we went by on Friday to go teach her the last lesson before her baptism Saturday. She wasn't at her grandma's for our appointment, she was out with her mom that day. No one had heard from her, so we were starting to get a little nervous. Long story short, we got a hold of them after receiving a voicemail from her mom explaining that there was some housing decisions that needed to be made and that Teagyn would now be living with her mom, on the other side of Bakersfield.. in another ward, and that she wouldn't be able to be baptized the next day. {COMMENCE INTERNAL FREAK OUT}
We tried to get a hold of Teagyn and we didn't hear from her until late that night. We finally got it all figured out with our mission president and Teagyn's mom that Teagyn could still get baptized in our ward, Saturday, and then switch over to the new ward next week. PHEW! That was a miracle! 

Saturday was the most stressful day, but I was able to remain so calm, it was definitely the Lord helping me out with that one. We had to make a bajillion phone calls to the people in Teagyn's new ward to have them come to the baptism so it would be a smooth transition. We did our best and were just hoping that people would come since it was so last minute. We also had exchanges that day with the sisters serving in my old area-- Sister Shaw and Sister Nielson. Sister Shaw found and started teaching Teagyn when she was here last transfer, so we made it so she would be able to come to the baptism and do the missionary moment. Topping off the stress level was when we found out no one had made treats, hahaha so we got some Little Debbie's Oatmeal Creme Pies and unwrapped them and put them on plates. (Classy, I know. :) ) After helping Teagyn get ready we herded the tribe, Sister Nowak (Teagyn's grammy), Zeek (the little brother), and Teagyn into Sister Smith's car and she drove them to the baptism!

The baptism was amazing! The spirit was so strong! Teagyn's mom, Julie, was able to come! (I just looooove Julie, she is the BEST.) There was about 12 people who came to support Teagyn from her new ward! Miracles! Teagyn went through the door to go into the baptismal font and she was taking a little while, so Sister Long and I jumped back there to see if she needed help with something and we were able to stand right next to the font on the steps and watch her and see her face as she came up out of the water. It was the most precious moment and I am so happy she took a little bit longer so we were able to stand where we were! :) One of the young women in the ward braided Teagyn's hair in the dressing room before she came out. We sat with her and it was so good to see her SO happy and so giddy with joy. :) After the baptism she was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. She seriously just GLOWED afterwards!!! :) Happiest day of my life. It was such a relief to see Teagyn baptized and confirmed. Everything was worth it. Earlier that week there were lots of things that had happened that made it a really rocky road for Teagyn, and that one hour was worth all of the tears, prayers, and struggles we had leading up to it. After the baptism President Wilson came up to us and congratulated us. It was the most rewarding thing! It makes me have a stronger desire to always do my best in this life, so that when the time comes to meet my Father in Heaven, He will be able to say, 'Well done thou good and faithful servant'.

The Baptism!!!  :)



 Teagyn!


Sunday, Teagyn asked us to walk with her to church for her last time in our ward. While sitting with her during Sacrament Meeting, I found myself start to cry. I was overwhelmed with a feeling of love for Teagyn and a gratitude in my heart. I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for making it possible for me to be a part of Teagyn's life and for the chance I had to teach her and meet her family.

Teagyn and Zeek and Sister Long and I on Sunday!

The things that happened this week taught me more than I would have imagined. There was so much opposition to stop Teagyn from being baptized. I've never wanted to take someone's place more in my life. I just wanted to switch places with Teagyn, so she didn't have to face all of the things she had to. This week, my testimony of our Savior and His Atonement have been strengthened. As missionaries, we are called to be Jesus Christ's instruments-- His hands, and by following the Spirit in all we do, we are able to be where He needs us to be and do what He would have us do. We followed the spirit to know how to help Teagyn and we were able to be there for her, to cry with her, to comfort her, to rejoice with her, to teach her how to stay strong, to help her keep the faith, to help her feel the spirit. I didn't think I had enough room in my heart to love someone so much as I love Teagyn! The timing for everything is working out perfectly. Since Teagyn is moving in with her mom, and she is going to a new ward, her mom has agreed to meet with the missionaries over there to see what Teagyn has been learning about. She's also agreed to take her to all of the activities and to church. :) Also the sisters that will be teaching her are in our stewardship as Sister Training Leaders and we are going to be doing a transition lesson tonight with them and Julie and Teagyn! :) PLEASE PRAY IT GOES WELL! 

Welp, once again, this is a lengthy one. Just know that I wish so badly all of you could be here with me and love Teagyn as much as I love her!

This week in my Book of Mormon reading I came across a verse that I needed and I felt sums up the week. It's talking about Alma, when he was being a missionary and trying to help others come unto Christ. He faced a lot of adversity at this time in his journey-->

"Nevertheless, Alma labored much in the spirit, wrestling with God in mighty prayer, that he would pour out his Spirit upon the people who were in the city; that he would also grant that he might baptized them unto repentance."

I felt like I was wrestling with God in mighty prayer, and I'm so glad I did, because the happiness and peace we experienced afterwards was so worth it. 

It's always darkest before the dawn!
I love and miss you all!
Thank you for all of the love and support!
I love being a missionary.
Love,
Sister Loar
xoxo

 
 They were having a clothing exchange at the Stake Center and someone showed me these and said I could have them! They were freeee!  The thug life chooses me, I didn't even go looking for it mom! ;)
 The sisters on exchanges!


No comments:

Post a Comment