Monday, August 17, 2015

8/10-8/16

Hey, hey! Hope everyone had a great week! :)
This week was good!

Monday-- We met Teagyn and Julie at a member's home in their new ward they are going to and the sister missionaries from that area came too. We had an AWESOME lesson. The spirit was so strong and it was amazing to see how Heavenly Father's hand is truly in everything we do and He directs this work! We asked Julie what change she has seen in Teagyn since she has been going to church and been baptized.Julie explained how she sees that Teagyn has gained self-confidence and self worth and has self pride that wasn't there before. She also told us how she has been church hopping, or going to lots of different churches, trying to find something and she hadn't found it. She said that she feels what she is looking for is in this church! She also said she felt like she has been spinning and spinning her wheels and she's not going any where. The other sisters and us taught the Restoration and invited her to be baptized and Julie accepted without hesitating! :) Their lives are about to change!!! They already have! :) It was bittersweet to leave there, knowing we wouldn't be the missionaries teaching Julie and Teagyn anymore, but it was such a blessing and tender mercy to see it all play out, how God intended it to. :)

Tuesday-- We had interviews with President Wilson and boy do I love my mission president! He is such an inspired man. He helped me with exactly what I needed! He answered some of my prayers about what to study in school and how to become a better missionary. It was so great to talk to him and Sister Wilson. She is always so happy and excited to hear any great news! I just love her. :)

We had exchanges with Sister Perrin and Sister Staples and it went really well! I went with Sister Perrin and we were able to have a great exchange! We met lots of people and were able to talk to them and sing some of them primary songs! It was fun! This is Sister Perrin's first transfer and it reminded me of what I was like when I first came out. It made me realize just how much I've really grown, changed and learned! :) We stopped by Tracy's (someone we had met a couple of weeks ago and haven't been able to contact) and she talked to us at her door for a little bit! She was struggling a lot and I just wanted to offer to clean or do something for her, but we've already tried the angle of service to try to teach her and it didn't really go anywhere because she hasn't let us do service for her! So, me, trying to find a way to help her, the words came to my mind, "just teach her the gospel!" Haha so I asked if we could share a message with her and she let us right in and we were able to talk to her about our purpose, and how we help other's come unto Christ by being baptized. She expressed the same feelings that Julie had expressed the day before, so I told her the story of Teagyn getting baptized and about Julie and her heart was really softened! We asked her if she would want to be baptized and she said yes! :) We set a date in October and she is willing to work towards it! We weren't able to get a hold of her or see her for the rest of the week, so I'll let you know how that goes!

Wednesday-- We did some service for the Hunters (an older couple in the ward) and it was really fun! We chopped some bushes and branches and cleaned it all up! We raked some leaves for their neighbor while we were at it, and it was good. We are hoping to see if their neighbor would be interested to learn more this week! 

Thursday-- We contacted a family in the ward, the Mahan's, and the dad isn't a member of the church! We had an AWESOME visit with them and it was so fun to get to know them. They have a 17 year old daughter and a 14 year old son! I felt like I was at home!!!! It made me miss Maddie and Mason so much! We talked about the Vision of the Tree of Life and how the fruit of the tree represents the love of God. (1 Nephi 11:21-22) We learn in John 3:16 that the love of God is His son Jesus Christ. So when Lehi explains about his experience-- "And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that i was desirable above all other fruit." We can understand that the Atonement of Jesus Christ can make us feel full and it can fill our lives with the joy we all yearn for. Before my mission I was doing all the right things, but just kind of going through the motions, and I was trying to fill my soul with the things of the world, but I wasn't aware of it. After truly turning to my Savior and trying to follow His guidance while being on my mission, I have felt full. It's the most rewarding sense of joy and peace in my life that I've experienced and I intend to keep that in my life no matter what circumstances come my way. How comforting it is to know that we CAN have that full feeling and that sense of joy in our lives ALWAYS, if we turn to our Savior with all we experience and trust in Heavenly Father's timing in our lives.

Friday-- We found a cute family! But they were going out of town right that second, so we didn't get a chance to teach them anything, but we sang them some primary songs at the door and the kids loved them! The little boy was obsessed with us and it was the best thing ever. Haha then we sang at another door and after we sang "I am a Child of God" to this girl that was outside, she said, "Hey! I know that song!" And then her dad came outside and they ended up being members of the church! They said they haven't been for a while, and so we are going to try back sometime soon! :)

Saturday--We had dinner at Brooke Taylor's house (a newly wed couple in the ward, and her husband is getting baptized in a few weeks!!! :)) for dinner and Cody, her hubby wasn't home because he went hunting for the week. It was so fun getting to know her! She's like my new bestie. She's so adorable and get this, she is 21! haha It's super weird meeting people my same age out here, and they are already married and such! But it's so fun and I just love her. Her dad is a less active member and he came over for dinner too, so that was an awesome opportunity to get to know him as well!

Sunday-- Church went well! The Mahan's (minus their dad) came to church! They haven't been for a while so it was fun seeing them again! :) We went to a BBQ at the Haney's and the Mayfield's came! It was a good time and we shared some scriptures and a mormon message about the Atonement with them. It's called Reclaimed and I'm so grateful we watched that with them, it's exactly what I needed! :)


This is the true church of Jesus Christ! No where else can you find what we are all searching for in this life. This is where God can grant us all the blessings he intends to give us and where we can truly find joy and peace.

Love,
Sister Loar
xoxo

Exchanges 




We found the oil fields everyone always talks about! It was nuts! The pictures don't do it justice with how many rigs are out here! That is why they call it Oildale I guess...




Our District!


Us with crazy Zeek while Sister Nowak made us some pie!


Mini exchanges with Sister Nemrow and Sister Larsen and more oil fields!



No comments:

Post a Comment