Monday, August 18, 2014

1 Transfer down!‏


Oh my heavens, where do I begin!?

This week was a fantastic week! A lot of people keep rescheduling with us and are never home when they said they would be, which is understandable, but it did cause us to not teach as many lessons as we have been. But that is A okay! Life moves on and so will the Lord's work!

Last Monday, we had Family Home Evening with one of the families we have been working with, the Vickrey's. We just had a short discussion about prayer and answered different questions that they had for us. It wasn't anything fancy or elaborate, but the Spirit was there and the family was happy! :) It was so good to see them together as a family and HAPPY. The Gospel of Jesus Christ does that to each of us. Despite the hard times we are going through, the Gospel brings light and hope into each of our lives.

THE BAPTISMS--
This weekend was the best weekend of my life! I didn't get to watch any new movies that came out or go swimming or anything like that. I got to witness 5 people (2 from the Spanish branch and 3 in our ward) make a promise with Heavenly Father and follow a commandment from Jesus Christ and be baptized!!!  How amazing is that?  I would not have changed this weekend for anything in the world. I'm so grateful and humbled to be a small part in these people's conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Alfredo and Hilda

RJ

 At the baptismal service, Sister Barney and I and another girl in the ward, sang a song, "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul". It was such a cool experience!! I've never sang like that in front of people, so it was nerve racking but the best experience ever! Loved bearing my testimony through a song! Everything else turned out super well and there were a lot of members that came and supported everyone getting baptized!

So much happiness! Sunday-we were able to witness these 3 people get Confirmed-- or receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost and become members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! :) Happy day!!!!!
Words can't do justice to the joy that I feel!

Today, we got to play basketball with a couple of the elders in our zone and Sister Evans in the ward! She is 40 and a flat out beast! She works for the LAPD and it was such a blast playing with her! WE SCHOOLED THE ELDERS! Haha we definitely won the majority of the games we played and it was such a blast!

Welp, I get to stay in Palmdale for another 6 weeks and I couldn't be more grateful and happy! We are switching from a car to bikes tomorrow though, so that will be an interesting adventure in itself. Hahaha yay!

Farewell to the car!!!!

Love you all so much and I am so grateful for all of your examples and love and support! Keep being the best people you can be! :) LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Love,
Sister Loar


The Chan's took us out to eat this week! SUSHI FOR THE WIN

No comments:

Post a Comment