Monday, June 16, 2014

HERE WE GO!

It has been completely insane these last six weeks. School ended, went on a couple of trips to see friends before leaving on the mish, my brother came home (yayyyyy so happy!!!!!), my brother and I took a road trip down to see some family and friends in Utah and AZ, then our homecoming and farewell were combined for a glorious weekend with family and friends, and then a family vacation to Cali (we passed by the sign for Bakersfield.... super weird and the whole "leaving on a mission thing" is becoming SO REAL... Bakersfield is actually a real place! Haha), came home, and now preparing to leave! 

It's been a whirlwind of such happy and exciting things, that these last 2 weeks, when I finally have slowed down and really thought about everything, I got super overwhelmed with what is ahead of me. I do not feel prepared whatsoever... well maybe a little, but nothing compared to what I wish I could be. Also I do not feel adequate to become a representative of Jesus Christ. OH MAN. But after giving my farewell talk and leaning SO much on the spirit and its guidance and inspiration, I feel that I will only be able to do this whole missionary thing with the Lord's help. Which in turn, makes me just SO FLIPPING EXCITED TO GO. 

My entire youth I have been so stoked to go on a mission and now that I only have 9 days left before I leave, it is hitting me in the face. Holy crap. Such a mix of emotions, but I know that bottom line, I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am honored and will faithfully spend every minute I am set-apart as a missionary to do what the Lord would have me do and love whoever He puts in my path, how He would love them.

About 2 weeks from today, you all will be hearing from Sister Loar at the Missionary Training Center. Ahhh yay! Haha until then, Hoorah for Israel! I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment